2011년 9월 29일 목요일

Chain Writing - Love Letter

Chain Writing - <Love Letter>

          "It was March 17th when I first saw you. That was the time when I just arrived in American and couldn't speak English except the simple words like 'yes' or 'cool. School was a torture every day. I couldn't understand a thing that teachers talked about. I couldn't hang out with anyone because there was nobody next to me. I was lost in a middle of nowhere. I felt abandoned and alone. That's when I saw you, next to me, shining as brightly as a star upon a black sky.

          Yes, I have a crush on you. Every single word from your mouth was beautiful, even though I couldn't understand much of it. I was quite sure you were saying something pretty. I strongly desired to listen and speak to you. However, the obstacle of language segregated us so firmly. I couldn't speak a word to you because I was afraid that you'd avoid me.

          I wanted to tell you many things. I wanted to tell you that you smile lit the darkest corners of my life. I wanted to tell you that my heart was yours. But the only thing I was able to say to you was just "yes" and "cool". Because of this language barrier, all I could do was to wait for that day I'm able to communicate with you fully, and just watch you pass by the lockers every day. A year passed and my patience had reached its limit. I started the morning with a thumping heart.

          You are beautiful, as usual, and I am no more than a coward. You stayed next to me and helped me to go through everything I suffered at school. However, I now have the courage. And today is the day. I am here, behind you." she said, as she read through my letter.

            Behind her, with my heart thumping, face red as a tomato, I held my breath as she turned towards me......

댓글 2개:

  1. Wow~ this is really well written. So much you could do with this. A page from a diary, or an old man reading something he'd written as a boy to his wife. In any case, it will be romantic.

    답글삭제
  2. I reread it now. Really hope you used this! Looking forward to the final metafiction.

    답글삭제